JOIN OUR TEAM
We have the following job opportunities!
- JOB TITLE
- Landscape Architect/Designer
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE
- Full Time
- JOB DESCRIPTION
Merrill Morris Partners (MMP) is a progressive, woman-owned business with offices in San Francisco and Oakland. We are seeking landscape architect/designers who are creative, inspired to make an impactful contribution to our profession, and able to complement and support our studio team. We maintain an open studio environment: you will work first-hand with experienced senior staff, providing you an excellent opportunity for growth and professional advancement within the firm. We promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing as a part of our office culture, giving each team member a chance to contribute from conceptual design through construction.
We are currently working a hybrid schedule, related to COVID-19. In the coming months, we anticipate increasing our in-office time to support team building and mentorship. We use a collaboration platform to communicate easily between the two office teams. We use it to chat, exchange files, and participate in video discussions.
MMP provides services on a full spectrum of project types in predominantly urban environments. We are committed to sustainability, and social equity, diversity, and inclusion. Our leading areas of project expertise are transit and transportation related projects; green infrastructure; streets, parks and urban open space; educational facilities; and multi-family housing. MMP’s client base is broad in both the public and private sectors. We provide services primarily in the Greater Bay Area.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- 2-5 years office experience with demonstrated AutoCAD production capabilities, presentation graphics, and articulate written, spoken and visual communication
Preferred Landscape Architectural Technical Experience:
- Familiarity with or certified ReScape (Bay Friendly), LEED, SITES
- Basic planting design and horticultural knowledge, including California appropriate, native and climate-adapted plant material
- Basic landscape construction materials, methods, detailing and specifications
- Basic understanding of grading and drainage
- Familiarity with Stormwater Best Management Practices
- Familiarity with Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO)
- Familiarity with ADA Regulations
- Irrigation system design a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Ideal candidate would have experience in Lumion, Rhino and/or other visualization software
- HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you and telling you about the opportunities at Merrill Morris Partners!
MMP is an Equal Opportunity employer who values workplace diversity.
Please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 10MB, link to download if larger) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have a valid US work permit.